Tuesday 15 April 2014

Jaguar, Page 3

Here's the third page of my new webcomic thing.

I've developed the art style somewhat with this page. Most significantly I guess, I'm adding full backgrounds where appropriate. This will increase the time I need to do each page, but will also, I hope, look more solid. I've also looked to removing most of the traditional frames. It's something I've been playing about with for a while. I want to take inspiration from the narrative techniques of New Wave directors like Claude Chabrol and Eric Rohmer, rather than traditional (1960s) comic-book sequential narrative storytelling.

As with all of this so far, the voice we're hearing is the narrator's. Time will tell whether he's an honest one or not.

This is very much an experimental work, and should anyone have any comments or thoughts, I'd be very grateful.

Story and art are ©2014 Jonathan Wyke

No comments:

Post a Comment