Wednesday 16 December 2015

It's OK to cry, said the thief...

Jim Munroe is the author of such wonderful books as Angry Young Spaceman and Flyboy Action Figure Comes With Gasmask. He's also one of my favourite authors, which is why I was thrilled to be included in his current project.

Jim is writing a series of one-hour stories, and asked if I'd like to attempt a one-hour illustration to go along with one of them. I immediately agreed. As I said, I'm a fan.

Here is the result of that collaboration - first is the story itself, then my illustration. I was perhaps a little over-ambitious, as was certainly attempting to channel the spirit of Will Eisner (ahem). I was delighted to give it a go, and I only wish I were good enough to do the words true justice.



































Jim Munroe links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/nomediakings
Website: No Media Kings

Story ©2015 Jim Munroe
Illustration ©2015 Jonathan Wyke

No comments:

Post a Comment